- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 20, 2014

LANCASTER, N.H. (AP) - A woman accused of ransacking the New Hampshire grave of her father in search of his “real will” is asking a judge to dismiss the charge, arguing the body was never destroyed or removed.

Eddie Nash, a businessman, died of a heart attack in 2004 at 68. His cement vault at the Colebrook Village Cemetery was found cracked in May, the casket opened and his remains searched through. The body was left intact.

Prosecutors allege Melanie Nash conspired with others to remove her father’s remains. The Caledonian Record reports (https://bit.ly/VF6O7T in a motion filed earlier this month, her lawyer says the state doesn’t allege the group destroyed Nash’s corpse.

Lawyer William Albrecht says the allegations as a matter of law “do not constitute the crime of abuse of a corpse.”

___



Information from: The Caledonian-Record, https://www.caledonianrecord.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide