- Associated Press - Monday, August 4, 2014

ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters say a 72-year-old physically disabled man who was trapped in an apartment during a fire and suffered serious burns has died of his injuries.

Authorities got a 911 call early July 30 from Thomas Page of St. Albans and when they arrived, they heard him yelling for help. They went inside and carried Page, a double amputee, out. He later died of his injuries at Fletcher Allen Medical Center after suffering serious burns to his back and arms. Ten other people were evacuated from adjoining apartments.

The St. Albans Messenger reports (https://bit.ly/UMENuP) authorities believe the fire was caused by a cigarette.


Information from: St. Albans Messenger, https://www.samessenger.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide