- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 6, 2014

VAIL, Colo. (AP) - A natural gas leak in Vail prompted the evacuation of about 600 hotel guests and residents.

Fire officials say the Wednesday afternoon leak also prompted the closure of a road. The leak was caused when construction workers in the area accidentally hit an underground pipe, causing a natural gas leak that was visible from the street.

There were no injuries.

KMGH-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1uomjgA ) that the gas leak will take about four hours to mitigate.

The station says The Salvation Army is providing food to those evacuated.

___

Information from: KMGH-TV, https://www.thedenverchannel.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide