- Associated Press - Thursday, August 7, 2014

VAIL, Colo. (AP) - A natural gas leak in Vail that prompted the evacuation of about 600 hotel guests and residents has been repaired.

Fire officials say the Wednesday afternoon leak also prompted the closure of a road. The leak was caused when construction workers in the area accidentally hit an underground pipe, causing a natural gas leak that was visible from the street.

There were no injuries.

KUSA-TV (https://on9news.tv/1sAU2nN ) reports that people were allowed back around midnight after the leak was repaired.

___

Information from: KUSA-TV, https://www.9news.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide