- Associated Press - Friday, August 8, 2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A fire official says a man was burned but extinguishers quickly doused a flash fire after a gas line malfunctioned at a cafe at the Palazzo resort hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip.

Clark County fire Capt. John Steinbeck says the automatic extinguishing system also shut off the gas supply to the stove after the fire flared about 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Grand Lux Café.

Steinbeck says the injured man was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas with first- and second-degree burns. His name wasn’t made public.

Officials say casino and hotel guests weren’t affected by the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide