- Associated Press - Friday, August 8, 2014

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - An emergency lawsuit has been filed on behalf of tenants in a building across the street from New Hampshire’s State House told to move out because of numerous fire and safety code violations.

Fifteen to 20 people live in apartments in the Vegas Block on North Main Street in Concord. They were given about 24 hours’ notice to leave by noon Friday. New Hampshire Legal Assistance filed the suit to give them more time to leave.

Violations include holes in the walls, broken smoke detectors and locks, missing plumbing fixtures, cockroaches and bedbugs.

The building was bought at a foreclosure auction June 23 for $975,000, plus back taxes. The owner requested an inspection and found out the condition of the building was worse than expected.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide