- Associated Press - Friday, August 8, 2014

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - Cone Health officials are considering closing a Greensboro hospital for women and moving its operations 2 miles to the larger Moses Cone Hospital.

The Greensboro News and Record reports (https://bit.ly/V2fuVT ) that a committee studying the future of the 134-bed Women’s Hospital will recommend the move in September.

Cone Health executive vice president Judy Schanel says the 40-year-old building needs substantial renovations. She says that while the building may be closed, the company’s focus on the health care needs of women and their babies will continue.

Schanel says the goal is to upgrade care for women.

Women’s Hospital was the state’s first free-standing women’s care hospital when it opened in 1990. Its services include maternity care and neonatal intensive care. About 6,200 babies were delivered there last year.

___

Information from: News & Record, https://www.news-record.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide