- Associated Press - Monday, December 1, 2014

NORFOLK, Neb. (AP) - Authorities in northeast Nebraska say an unattended propane turkey fryer ignited a fire that caused about $30,000 worth of damage to a garage.

The Norfolk Fire Division responded to the home on Sunday and found smoke billowing out of the windows and roof of the garage. Firefighters say there were several small propane tanks that were venting because of heat from the flames.

It took responders about 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide