- Associated Press - Monday, December 1, 2014

KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a fire at an apartment in Kearney started in an oven.

The Kearney Volunteer Fire Department says a fire Friday afternoon started in the oven and spread into the kitchen. Heavy smoke was reported coming out of a second-story window.

The Kearney Hub reports (https://bit.ly/1zJlPnk ) the blaze was quickly contained but a ground floor apartment sustained water damage and two other units received smoke damage.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters estimate damage to the apartment complex is $25,000.


Information from: Kearney Hub, https://www.kearneyhub.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide