- Associated Press - Monday, December 1, 2014

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A fire that apparently started with an electrical line that powered a water heater has destroyed a former fire station that had been converted into a T-shirt silk-screening business.

The (Johnstown) Tribune-Democrat (https://bit.ly/1pHbhVR ) first reported Sunday’s fire at The Shirt Shop N’ More in Conemaugh Township. That’s near Johnstown, about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Twelve companies from Cambria and Somerset counties were called into battle the blaze at the Old Conemaugh Township Volunteer Fire Department’s former Ideal station.

Conemaugh Township Fire Chief Rick Massimo says firefighters struggled to get enough water to douse the aging structure. One hydrant near the station was tapped, while a second line was run from a hydrant 350 yards away.

The owner saw flames about 9:30 a.m., but couldn’t douse them with a garden hose.


Information from: The Tribune-Democrat, https://www.tribune-democrat.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide