- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 10, 2014

HASTINGS, Neb. (AP) - Three family members have escaped safely from a fire that damaged their home in Hastings.

Firetrucks were sent to the house a little after 9 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters say the blaze started when stain-soaked rags ignited on the front porch.

Deanna Peterson says she was home with two sons when she smelled smoke. She had to awaken one of them before they could flee with family pets.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide