- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 10, 2014

NEW HAMPTON, N.H. (AP) - A family of 12 is looking for a place to live after their home in New Hampton, New Hampshire, was destroyed in a chimney fire.

One person was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation in Monday night’s fire; there were no serious injuries. But the Batchelder family lost their belongings and Christmas presents.

Firefighters said the second floor had heavy damage; the entire home had smoke and water damage.

New Hampton Fire Chief Michael Drake tells The Citizen (https://bit.ly/1zurAYf) the department had responded to chimney fires at the home before. He said the chimney was an older one that had been built before current construction codes existed.

The American Red Cross has been helping the family, which has been staying at an Ashland hotel.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide