- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 10, 2014

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana counties hard-hit by a big snowstorm that buried much of the state last January have received more than $4.6 million so far from the federal government.

The governor’s office says the grants have gone to 30 northern and central Indiana counties to reimburse them for snow removal costs and other expenses from the Jan. 5-9 winter storm.

Gov. Mike Pence says that storm may be a distant memory for most people, but the state is still working with the federal government on applications from eligible counties. He says more money is expected to be distributed.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide