- Associated Press - Saturday, December 13, 2014

CATOOSA, Okla. (AP) - An old power cord is being blamed for a house fire that killed an 8-year-old girl in Catoosa.

Catoosa Fire Chief Denus Benton told that the fold cord started the fire that killed Lauren Creel early Friday morning. Investigators say the girl was trapped in a bedroom and unable to escape.

Her teenage sister and her mother were able to escape the flames and were hospitalized. Their conditions were not released.

Firefighters said fighting the flames was difficult because there are no fire hydrants in the rural neighborhood and that the home is a total loss.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide