- Associated Press - Monday, December 15, 2014

HOUSTON (AP) - Houston-area firefighters have rescued a 2-year-old Chihuahua from a home that caught fire after a Christmas tree light malfunction.

The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office tells KPRC-TV (https://bit.ly/1GnW404 ) a rescue crew from the Little York Fire Department saved the dog and extinguished the fire on Sunday.

The family wasn’t at home when the fire started. Resident Shayla Ramirez says that the dog named Bella was unconscious when firefighters rescued her from the home. Bella was resuscitated after firefighters gave her an oxygen mask.

The home’s living room and kitchen were damaged. The Red Cross is helping find the family a temporary home.

___

Information from: KPRC-TV, https://www.click2houston.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide