- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 16, 2014

GRANGER, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say a fatal house fire in Granger was likely caused by smoking.

The State Fire Marshal Division within the state Department of Public Safety says the early Monday fire was accidental and likely caused by smoking. Authorities believe the fire started on a couch where a man was located.

The man was identified as 55-year-old James O’Connor. Authorities say he died of thermal injuries.

Two other people in the house escaped safely.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide