- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 16, 2014

NASHUA, N.H. (AP) - Fire and school officials say what started as a prank sent six people, including four students, to the hospital after being exposed to chemicals in a high school art room in Nashua, New Hampshire.

A 15-year-old sophomore tells WMUR-TV (https://bit.ly/1wVv873) as she went to put her pottery project in the kiln at Nashua High School North, she saw some white powder and decided she was “going to make it snow.” She threw the powder into the air.

The non-lethal chemical used in ceramics is an irritant. It’s called grolleg lump. Several rooms were closed off.

The six taken to the hospital were treated and released. The student was suspended.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide