- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 17, 2014

MIAMI (AP) - A small sailboat anchored near Dinner Key Marina caught fire after two men fell asleep while cooking on an external cooktop.

Miami Fire Rescue’s Ignatius Carroll told The Miami Herald (https://hrld.us/1uYc5mf ) the men woke up to the smell of smoke Tuesday afternoon.

The men jumped off just before the 17-foot boat named “The Master Chief” was completely engulfed in flames.

Carroll says the men were “definitely lucky.” They swam to another boat and were taken to the marina. They were evaluated, but not injured.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

___

Information from: The Miami Herald, https://www.herald.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide