- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ROGERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Police in the northern Alabama town of Rogersville say a malfunctioning wood-burning stove was the cause of a garage fire that claimed the life of a Rogersville man.

Authorities said the Dec. 9 blaze started in the garage, while 88-year-old Joe Romine was working on his vehicle Tuesday night. The exact cause of the fire was not immediately known.

WHNT-TV reported Tuesday (https://bit.ly/1Da4PwI) that police determined the stove caused the fire.

The Huntsville station reports that Romine was a well-known resident of Rogersville who fixed many people’s cars.

Rogersville is about 45 miles west of Huntsville.

___

Information from: WHNT-TV, https://whnt.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide