- Associated Press - Sunday, December 21, 2014

WARREN, Mich. (AP) - Suburban Detroit authorities say a woman’s careless cigarette smoking inside her paper-packed and barred home caused a fire that killed her.

Warren Fire Commissioner Wilburt McAdams says firefighters found the 61-year-old woman unconscious inside her home Saturday afternoon, and doctors pronounced her dead at St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital.

The Macomb Daily of Mount Clemens (https://bit.ly/1CkSPqQ ) reports that the woman’s hoarding and bars on her windows hampered the rescue effort.

The victim’s name hasn’t been released. Neighbors say she used to work as a nurse.

___

Information from: The Macomb Daily, https://www.macombdaily.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide