- Associated Press - Monday, December 22, 2014

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - A fire that broke out on stage during a holiday performance forced the evacuation of a theater in Huntsville.

WAFF-TV (https://bit.ly/1we5VxJ ) reports that a tightrope act was on stage Sunday afternoon in a concert hall at the Von Braun Center when a curtain caught fire during a show called “Cirque Dreams Holidaze.”

Andrew Willmon of the Broadway Theatre League says stagehands extinguished the flames quickly. But the concert hall filled with smoke and audience members had to be evacuated.

No one was hurt, and an evening performance went ahead as planned.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide