- Associated Press - Monday, December 22, 2014

FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) - Two residents have escaped injury from a smoky fire that damaged the basement of their home in Forest City.

The fire was reported around 5 p.m. Sunday. Fire Chief Mark Johnson blamed a space heater in the basement. The heater had been plugged into an overloaded socket and had been surrounded by combustible materials.

Damage from the flames was limited to the basement, but smoke filled the house. The two women who lived there didn’t report any injuries to themselves or their cats.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide