- Associated Press - Monday, December 22, 2014

BURTONSVILLE, Md. (AP) - A Montgomery County house fire has injured a firefighter and displaced a family.

About 75 firefighters fought the fire in Burtonsville early Monday morning. One firefighter was hurt after he fell through the home’s roof. He was treated and released from a local hospital and is expected to be OK.

Fire officials say the family in the home was able to make it out after they were alerted by smoke alarms. They say the family cat is missing.

The fire began in the home’s basement and was believed to be caused by a wood stove. Damage was estimated at $800,000.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide