- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 24, 2014

TULSA, Okla. (AP) - A report from the U.S. Census Bureau says Oklahoma’s population has grown slightly, but is trailing the national rate.

Oklahoma added nearly 25,000 residents between 2013 and the middle of 2014. The growth rate of 0.6 percent is behind the national rate of 0.7 percent and well behind that in Texas, where growth was 1.7 percent.

The Tulsa World reported Wednesday (https://bit.ly/13vQzOe ) that Oklahoma grew at a faster pace than neighboring Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri, which grew at a rate of 0.3 percent.

The Census Bureau said 60 percent of the growth was the result of in-state births while the other 40 percent involved people moving into the state from elsewhere.

Oklahoma had 3,878,051 residents as of July 1 - up 3.4 percent from the 2010 census.

___

Information from: Tulsa World, https://www.tulsaworld.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide