- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) - A Worcester man charged with playing a role in a home invasion during a private poker game in which two of the players were shot has denied the charges.

Travis Davis was held on $10,000 bail after pleading not guilty Wednesday in Worcester Superior Court to charges including home invasion, armed robbery while masked, and multiple counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Prosecutors say three masked intruders, two with guns, forced their way into a city apartment at about 3:45 a.m. Sept. 22, demanded money, assaulted the poker players and shot two. They survived.

The poker game’s host said he knew the 25-year-old Davis, who had been at the game earlier.

The Telegram & Gazette (https://bit.ly/1rhAx5O ) reports that Davis’ lawyer said his client “adamantly denies the allegations.”

___

Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), https://www.telegram.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide