- Associated Press - Friday, December 26, 2014

MERILL, Wis. (AP) - Fire has gotten in the way of one family’s love of ice.

A fire that authorities traced to a wood stove has rendered a Merill, Wisconsin family’s ice fishing shack unusable. WSAW-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1zXUv6c ) that no one was injured in Thursday night’s fire. The inside of the shack was charred but the Merill Fire Department was able to extinguish the blaze in time to save the structure.

Family members told the fire crew they were preparing to take the shack onto the ice this weekend and thought they had shut down the wood stove. The fire began about one or two hours after they left.

___

Information from: WSAW-TV, https://www.wsaw.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide