- Associated Press - Monday, December 8, 2014

WATERBORO, Maine (AP) - A Waterboro home has been heavily damaged in a fire that took hours to put out in part because firefighters’ hoses froze in the cold weather.

The Portland Press Herald reports (https://bit.ly/1ATLomQ ) that the fire started Sunday night at the three-story residential building and took more than 3 1/2 hours to put out.

About 40 firefighters from Waterboro and surrounding towns helped fight the fire. Two people have been displaced.

Fire Chief Matt Bors says that the fire may have started in the dryer. He says the fire is not considered suspicious.

Along with the frozen hoses, Bors says that the many personal items in the attic and the home’s metal roof made it difficult to put out the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide