- Associated Press - Monday, December 8, 2014

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An Iowa venue says a Bill Cosby performance scheduled for next year has been postponed indefinitely.

The Des Moines Civic Center said Monday it notified ticketholders that they will receive a refund for the planned March 7 concert.

Cosby stage shows have been canceled in several other states. The actions follow renewed allegations by women claiming decades-old sexual assaults by the 77-year-old comedian.

Cosby has denied the allegations.

Last week, Los Angeles police opened an investigation into a woman’s claims that Cosby molested her in 1974, when she was 15 years old. The woman, Judy Huth, is suing Cosby for sexual battery.

Cosby has never been charged with a crime and settled the only other sexual assault case against him. That case was filed by Andrea Constand, a former worker at Temple University in Philadelphia.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide