- Associated Press - Monday, December 8, 2014

SCHUYLKILL, Pa. (AP) - A fire ripped through a double-block house in eastern Pennsylvania, displacing seven people and destroying everything inside, even the just-wrapped Christmas gifts.

Witnesses tell the Lehighton Times News (https://bit.ly/1Iq3ySo ) the Schuylkill Township home appeared to erupt in flames around 5:45 p.m. Sunday.

Jereme and Jodi Denning, their two children and a dog escaped from one end of the double block unharmed. An elderly relative was hospitalized for observation and treatment of possible smoke inhalation.

Pete Kutash, who uses a wheelchair, and his wife, Ida, escaped without injury from their home on the other side of the double block.

The newspaper reports the fire also destroyed a garage annex that relatives say Jereme Denning converted into a mancave with a jukebox, pool table, big screen TV and refrigerator.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide