- Associated Press - Monday, December 8, 2014

WATERFORD, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters say a kitchen stove fire grew and destroyed a home in Waterford, Vermont.

St. Johnsbury Fire Department Capt. Will Rivers tells the Caledonian Record (https://bit.ly/1yZwhrM) the homeowner was cooking on his stove Saturday night when cooking oil in his pot caught fire. As he struggled to put it out, flames from the stove top spread and ignited overhead kitchen cabinets and some curtains.

No injuries were reported.

___

Information from: The Caledonian-Record, https://www.caledonianrecord.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide