- Associated Press - Monday, February 10, 2014

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) - A Vancouver, Wash., fire official says two men were burned - one of them badly - when gasoline vapors in a garage were ignited as one of the men lit a cigarette.

The Columbian reports (https://is.gd/ZooiR2 ) that a 20-year-old man was burned over nearly half of his body and taken to the burn center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, Ore.

A 21-year-old man suffered burns on his hand and was treated at a Vancouver hospital.

Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said the two men were working on motor scooters in the garage when one of them lit up last Friday.

Damage to the garage, house and vehicles was estimated at nearly $150,000.

___

Information from: The Columbian, https://www.columbian.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide