- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 12, 2014

FAIRMONT, W.Va. (AP) - Marion County’s emergency chief says he concerned about a spate of carbon monoxide poisonings in the county.

Ten people have been hospitalized since Sunday, including seven workers at a Marcellus Shale pump station.

Marion County homeland security and emergency management director Chris McIntire tells The Times West Virginian (https://bit.ly/MKStT7 ) that there have been 30 total cases since January. The county typically sees five to 10 cases a year.

McIntire says he believes extreme cold weather is the reason for the increase.

Fairview Volunteer Fire Department chief Steve Gillespie says the seven workers who were sickened were working in a large unventilated tent containing two generators and several heaters on Sunday.

Three people were hospitalized Tuesday after a heating system in a house malfunctioned.

___

Information from: Times West Virginian, https://www.timeswv.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide