- Associated Press - Saturday, February 22, 2014

SABILLASVILLE, Md. (AP) - State officials are reporting an increase in assaults and cases of seclusion at a high-security juvenile facility in Frederick County.

The Frederick News-Post says (https://bit.ly/1dggtnI ) a new report tallied a 23 percent increase in assaults in 2013 at the Victor Cullen Center in Sabillasville. Eighty-five youth assaults were reported at the center in 2013.

The report was issued this week by the Juvenile Justice Monitoring Unit of the state attorney general’s office. It says the number of assaults started to decrease by the end of last year as staff worked to address the individual needs of boys.

The center manages juveniles in state custody who are seen as especially challenging or aggressive.

___



Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, https://www.fredericknewspost.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide