- Associated Press - Monday, February 24, 2014

RENO, Nev. (AP) - The California Highway Patrol says a carbon monoxide leak on a tour bus headed for Reno apparently was to blame for an emergency stop in Bridgeport, Calif., after about a dozen passengers became ill.

CHP Lt. Commander Ron Cohan told the Reno Gazette-Journal on Monday (https://tinyurl.com/o99z2a4 ) that 13 of the more than 50 passengers were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.

The Amador Stage Lines bus left Long Beach bound for Reno Sunday morning.

Cohan says he’s glad the driver decided not to continue north on U.S. 395 through the Walker River Canyon because it would have filled with more carbon monoxide.

Ambulances took eight patients to a hospital in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., and five to a hospital in Gardnerville. Remaining passengers boarded another bus in Bridgeport for Reno.

___

Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, https://www.rgj.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide