COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say a homeless person has burned to death after a small heater exploded inside a tent in Columbus.
The Columbus Dispatch (bit.ly/1fsHiec) reports that firefighters found the body around 9 p.m. Wednesday after responding to a report of an explosion not far from the Interstate 670 overpass in the city’s Italian Village neighborhood. Some homeless people camp in a wooded area there.
Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Rich Richardson says the victim was using a type of propane canister to keep warm in the 19-degree weather. He says it appears that a man was killed but the body was so badly burned authorities are unsure of the gender.
The coordinator of an outreach center is trying to help identify the victim.
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, https://www.dispatch.com
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.