- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 5, 2014

FERNDALE, Wash. (AP) - A fire official in the northwest Washington community of Ferndale say a knocked-over heat lamp started a fire that destroyed a barn and killed one pig.

The Bellingham Herald reports (https://is.gd/1IJyjy ) the farm owner suspended heat lamps over an area of the barn where about 10 piglets and two grown pigs were sleeping, to keep them warm late Tuesday as temperatures dropped into the low 20s.

Fire District 7 Assistant Chief Larry Hoffman says all of the pigs except one of the older ones got out. He estimates the loss at about $50,000.


Information from: The Bellingham Herald, https://www.bellinghamherald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide