- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 14, 2014

SYRACUSE, Neb. (AP) - A flaw in a southeast Nebraska church’s electrical system caused the fire that devastated the century-old church this month.

Syracuse Fire Chief Bruce Neemann told the Lincoln Journal Star Tuesday (https://bit.ly/1eCh8kR ) investigators determined that electrical failure in the attic of the Syracuse United Methodist Church caused the Jan. 5 fire.

The church in the town of less than 2,000 people 25 miles southeast of Lincoln is a total loss.

On Sunday, about 120 people met for worship in a local coffee house. The church plans to meet at the United Methodist Church in Unadilla for the next three weeks.

Rev. Gary Ganger says his congregation is in good spirits. The church is planning to rent a downtown storefront to use as a temporary location for at least the next year.

___

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, https://www.journalstar.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide