- Associated Press - Monday, January 20, 2014

POST FALLS, Idaho (AP) - Police in northern Idaho have identified a body that was found in a burning home in Post Falls early Saturday evening.

Officials say 54-year-old Debra Kern’s body was found inside her home when firefighters arrived. Post Falls Police Chief Scot Haug said 54-year-old Debra Kern used medical oxygen and evidence at the home suggests the fire was caused by a combination of lit cigarettes and the medical oxygen.

Haug says an autopsy has been scheduled because of Kern’s medical history.

Kern lived at the home with her stepfather, who wasn’t home when the fire started.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide