- Associated Press - Friday, July 11, 2014

NEW YORK (AP) - Mayor Bill de Blasio says he plans to block a campaign to put a proposal on the Nov. 4 ballot that would require his administration to reopen a probe into the collapse of 7 World Trade Center.

The mayor Thursday called the proposal an “insensitive and inappropriate action” after all the suffering on and after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

He says his administration will work with the City Council to block the proposal.

The Wall Street Journal (https://on.wsj.com/1mmT6RO ) says the NYC Coalition for Accountability Now last week submitted more than 67,000 signatures to the city. If the council doesn’t approve placing the proposal on the ballot, the group can submit an additional 15,000 signatures to ensure it gets on.

The group says it doesn’t feel the collapse was properly investigated.

___

Information from: The Wall Street Journal, https://www.wsj.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide