- Associated Press - Thursday, July 17, 2014

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Charges have been dropped against a Greenville man accused of killing two men in 2012.

Prosecutor Walt Wilkins says charged were dismissed Wednesday against Lawrence Roy Campbell.

Sixty-nine-year-old Ben Anders and 42-year-old Benn Lee Anders were found shot to death in a road nearly two years ago.

Campbell had been charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Wilkins said a judge blocked a statement from the only eyewitness to the shootings as well as the testimony of an investigator.



Defense attorneys have said Campbell fired when the Anders threatened him.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide