- Associated Press - Thursday, July 17, 2014

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The New Hampshire attorney general’s office says no charges will be filed against a man who shot to death his friend during an altercation in May.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said 39-year-old Robert Crichton shot to death 37-year-old Richard Dumont - both of Rochester - as Dumont was choking Crichton and attempting to pull him from his car.

A report on the investigation notes Dumont had been drinking and had nine different drugs in his system at the time of the shooting. It concludes that his attack on Crichton amounted to a use of deadly force and that Crichton tried to get away from him before he fired the fatal shot.

The report concludes the shooting was done in self-defense.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide