- Associated Press - Saturday, July 19, 2014

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) - A small fire forced residents of a Great Falls group home for mentally disabled adults to spend a night in a hotel.

Great Falls Battalion Chief Bob Shupe says there were no injuries from the fire Friday night at the Little Belts Group Home.

He says staff put the fire out with an extinguisher. It was decided that the home’s residents spend a night in a hotel to the home could be cleaned up.

Shupe says damage at the group home was limited to some curtains and an adjacent wall area. He estimated the total cost of the damage to be less than $800.

Shupe tells the Great Falls Tribune (https://gftrib.com/1n09HuW ) that the fire was reportedly set by one of the home’s residents.


Information from: Great Falls Tribune, https://www.greatfallstribune.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide