- Associated Press - Saturday, July 19, 2014

NEWARK, Del. (AP) - Officials say a fire in Newark that did $20,000 in damage to a home in Newark was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says that the fire at a home on Dunleary Drive was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Saturday. Officials say cooking oil ignited on the stovetop when left heating without someone watching.

Smoke alarms sounded and two adults were able to escape from the home. A man suffered burns but refused to be transported to a hospital.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide