- Associated Press - Monday, July 21, 2014

ROCK HALL, Md. (AP) - Fire officials say an electrical failure in a cord powering an air-conditioner caused a house fire that killed an 85-year-old Rock Hall woman.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a news release Monday that Hester Louise Wright died in the July 14 blaze. Authorities say Wright awoke to the fire on the first floor about 4 a.m. and alerted her 42-year-old daughter.

Officials say Jill Wright tried to lead her mother out of the house, but Hester Wright was not able to escape.

Nearly 50 firefighters battled the blaze, which caused $120,000 in damage. Investigators say Hester Wright died from smoke inhalation and burns.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide