- Associated Press - Monday, July 21, 2014

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland firefighters responding to an apartment fire Monday morning discovered a man down on the floor next to a burned couch.

Fire Lt. Damon Simmons says the man was taken to the hospital with injuries that do not appear life-threatening.

Simmons says an improperly discarded cigarette started the blaze that was put out by sprinklers in the Northwest Portland apartment. A fire investigator estimates the damage at $10,000.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide