- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 29, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Former Kentucky guard James Young says he is “good to go” after a concussion that kept the Boston Celtics’ first-round draft pick from playing in the NBA’s summer league.

Young sustained the concussion and whiplash in a car accident before last month’s NBA draft. The Celtics chose the 6-foot-6 swingman 17th overall with its second first-round pick - Boston selected Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart sixth overall with the first - but held Young out of practices and the competition for rookies and free agents in Orlando.

Young said Tuesday that he was cleared to practice a “few days ago”, adding that the scary rear-end collision showed him “how fast things can change. It really opened my eyes about things and I’m very blessed that I’m here and still playing.”

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide