- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 30, 2014

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Authorities say 6 people who were helping clean up UCLA’s flooded Pauley Pavilion are being treated for exposure to carbon monoxide.

The arena’s court was covered with up to 10 inches of water Tuesday after a 30-inch water main broke nearby and sent water cascading onto campus.

Los Angeles fire spokeswoman Katherine Main says the men were helping pump water out of the home of UCLA’s basketball team when they fell ill from generator exhaust Wednesday evening.

Two were taken to the hospital in fair condition and four were treated at the scene. Main says all of them were alert and breathing.

She says the equipment was turned off and the building was aired out.

There’s no word yet on whether the de-watering operation has resumed.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide