- Associated Press - Monday, July 7, 2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Crews are cleaning up water and human waste from inside a Las Vegas post office after a portable toilet on the roof caught fire over the weekend.

Clark County Fire Department Deputy Chief Erik Newman said nobody was injured in the two-alarm fire reported about 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Newman says it’s unclear how the fire started. He says crews cut into the roof as part of their firefighting efforts, and water and debris from the melted toilet seeped into the building.

U.S. Postal Service spokesman David Rupert says no mail was damaged, although the post office, located at 455 E. Pebble, will be closed indefinitely for cleanup and repairs.

He says mail delivery will continue, and a mobile post office in the parking lot will provide some services.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide