- Associated Press - Monday, July 7, 2014

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) - A rural fire chief says fireworks likely caused a fire that destroyed a house in Belt over the weekend.

Belt Rural Fire District Chief Travis Johnson tells the Great Falls Tribune (https://gftrib.com/1pUsATe ) that the call came in at 12:03 a.m. Saturday. The house was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.

Witnesses said the fire started on the roof of the cedar shake house and that people had been shooting off fireworks in the area.

Johnson says the older house was a total loss. The homeowner and his dog made it out of the house safely.


Information from: Great Falls Tribune, https://www.greatfallstribune.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide