- Associated Press - Thursday, June 12, 2014

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a woman is in critical condition after a kitchen fire in her Lincoln apartment.

Police on Thursday identified the woman as 30-year-old Brianna Johnson. Johnson was taken to a Lincoln hospital with unspecified injuries.

The fire was reported around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in a building several blocks southeast of downtown.

Lincoln Fire Investigator Damon Robbins says the fire started when spaghetti and meatballs on an electric stove were left unattended. The fire spread to some cabinets and a can of grease, which helped fuel it.

Lincoln Police Capt. Danny Reitan says firefighters found Johnson unresponsive in the smoke-filled apartment. Damage to the building was estimated at $50,000, and the second-floor apartment was deemed uninhabitable.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide